HNC Chemist Required
£18,000- £26,000 dependant on experience/qualifications
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a leading waste management company to become their onsite chemist. Working mainly at their site based in Romsey this newly formed role is a great opportunity to gain experience with hazardous materials and create your own lab.
- Working alongside site management you will be responsible for assessing waste from enquiries generated by the sales staff and analysing incoming wastes in line with environmental and health and safety legislation.
- Perform sampling and analysis safely, ensuring compliance of all wastes with the company's permits, waste management licences and working plans.
- Processing and handling of both liquid and solid wastes would be required. We believe the role will be varied and stimulating and at times will involve small amounts of manual handling.
- List and identify all wastes for collection from customer sites(from residential to multi-national companies). Working with our DGSA you would ensure the hazardous wastes are packaged and segregated suitably for transportation and are compliant with all relevant regulations and company policies.
- Training and supervision will be provided to assist with the above objectives. Guidance on health, safety and appropriate best working practices will also be prominent.
- Computer literate (Excel and Word essential)
- Attention to detail with strong organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to plan and work with limited supervision
Successful candidates will have at least HNC Chemistry (or similar) and a clean driving licence
20 Days holiday plus bank holidays
Company Pension (3% contribution)