Here at BKP Group, we’re highly experienced in a diverse range of waste disposal services, this includes skip hire services. So if you’re in need of local skip hire Southampton and dry waste services, get in touch with our team of waste management and disposal experts by calling 0800 376 5004.
Skip Hire In Southampton; Things To Think About
Skip hire is a fantastically convenient way
to manage a large amount of waste; however it’s essential that you keep these 3
things in mind before and during a skip hire service.
- Where Will The Skip Go? It’s essential that when you’re considering a skip
hire disposal service, you consider where you are going to place the skip.
After all, you’re legally responsible for that skip. This means that you cannot
place it in any manner that could be considered a hazard, for example in an
area directly below trees. Additionally, you should take care to make sure that
there is ample space available for the skip to be both dropped off and
It’s also important to remember that sometimes you need a permit from your local authority in order to place a skip. For example, if you would like to place your skip on a public highway, you’ll need a permit. The cost, associated with acquiring a permit can vary depending on the area you live in and the local authority you need to apply to, and also the placement of the skip as different locations may have different associated fees.
- What Are You Putting In The Skip? You are legally responsible for everything that you put inside the skip, so not only must it abide by all the relevant legal requirements. Many items of waste are acceptable for disposal in a skip hire service, including items of wood, cardboard, plastics, metals, dry soil, and bricks. However, it is important to recognise that not all general everyday items are considered general waste. Many items used in our daily lives cannot be disposed of through skip hire waste disposal services and require their own specialist waste management solutions; for example waste items of electric or electronic equipment. This is because electrical and electronic items may contain hazardous metals or other materials that can be harmful if disposed of via landfill, as such they require a specialised waste management solution utilising waste disposal services best suited to meet the specific needs of the materials being disposed of.
Additionally, please remember to double-check the skip size you’re ordering. In addition to ensuring that you only dispose of items that are suitable for general waste disposal in our skips, you must also make sure that the skip is not overloaded. This is because overloaded skips can be very hazardous; it could damage the lorry as it struggles to lift the skip and it could cause a danger to others as the skip is being lifted and/or transported, so please make sure that your skip is never overfilled. Our selection of competitively priced skips includes a diverse range of different sizes, including 6, 8, and 12 yard skips in the round ‘regular skip’, alongside 15 and 40 yard skips in the RoRo (Roll on Roll off) style.
- Is The Business You’re
Hiring From Licensed?. When you’re looking for businesses to hire skips
from, it’s of the upmost importance that you only choose a licensed waste
management business. After all, you have a legal responsibility to ensure that
your waste in disposed of in a manner that complies with all relevant
legislation and regulations.
It’s quick, and simple to check if a business is a registered waste management company. All you need to do is visit the Environment Agency Website and search for the business’ name and you’ll learn if they’re registered or not. For example, when you search for BKP Group, you’ll find that we are registered as a Carrier, Broker, Dealer – Upper Tier.
If you would like more information about choosing the right waste management business for your skip hire solution, please visit our blog. We recommend reading our list of 5 tips to help you choose the right skip hire business.
Skip Hire From BKP Group; Why Choose Us?
Being a leading waste disposal company with over 50 years of experience, it’s safe to say that we know a thing or two about skip hire. Regardless of your industry, BKP is equipped with the diverse selection of skips needed to get the job done. Our competitively prices skips are available in a diverse range of different sizes for both commercial and domestic clients. So whether you need a one-off waste collection service, or if you need a regular management solution, our team of experts are on hand to help.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our skip hire or waste management services, our friendly and dedicated team of waste disposal experts will be happy to assist you with your enquires; providing additional information regarding our waste management and disposal services with skip hire.
Contact The BKP Group
To make an enquiry or to request a quote, you can speak to a member of staff by calling 0800 376 5004, our opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. Alternatively, you could contact our team online using one of the following methods.
- You can send our team an email at email@example.com.
- You can fill out our contact form and a member of staff will respond as soon as possible.
- Or you could reach out on Twitter or Facebook @GroupBKP.